Thursday, April 10, 2008
Myspace and Facebook... all of the time I've wasted. I've had a Myspace and a Facebook for quite a few years now and yes I am addicted!! I think I like Facebook better because of all the application and because it is a little more secure but when you first join Myspace it is way more fun. Especially learning how to ad the perfect background,cursor roll overs, scroll boxes, games, and picture effects. You can and will spend hours decorating and redecorating your "space". I also liked that Myspace was less secure and has more people on it. I found a friend I havn't seen since I was twelve years old and we talk all of the time now. That is why Myspace is awesome. Myspace is for all of those snoopy people out there (including me) because everyone you've ever known is on there and talking about everything and I mean everything in there life. I took a look at some of the library groups on Facebook and thought they are a great resource. I also looked at some of the Library Myspace accounts and I thought it was great! Once again I have to wonder why Anoka County has to have the ABSOLUTE WORST when it comes to technology. There are so many free things we could easily do to improve Anoka County Libraries and the worst part is even when we show initiative to do some of the simple things ourselves we are told we can't, but they have the time and budget to have SirsiCirc meetings every other week where they do what? NOTHING! Well at least nothing productive. I guess it comes down to one of those things where all you can say is when I rule the world things will be perfect. ;)
posted by karebear at 3:20 PM |

1 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Blogger Nan Hoekstra said........
you are like a dirvish !!! you are so bitten by the blog bug and you know what happens out the ends of your fingers comes the your truth pure and simple -- I love being in the building with you -- you inspire and just plain ARE -- you know -- you BE where you ARE and why not -- you are FREE